This workshop is a must have for video production companies and anyone working in the video production industry. It will cover treatment of intellectual property rights at all stages of production including focusing on incidental inclusion and the new parody exemptions. It will discuss what contracts you should have in place for all phases of production, best practice, legal risks, insurance and how to collaborate with third parties and subcontract aspects of the production. It will also discuss the various ways of generating revenue from a production such as commissioning, equity and licensing.
Who should attend?
Aimed at production companies and freelancers running or involved with a video production business.
The workshop will cover:
- Overview of intellectual property rights within a video production and how to protect and value your rights
- Protection of ideas pre-production
- Use of third party rights
- How to fund productions (commissioning, licensing, equity investment etc.)
- What contracts should you have in place at what stages of the production and what should these cover?
- Logistics and risks of using freelancers and contractors
- What are the legal implications and risks of collaborating with third parties in a production?
- Production insurance
- Clearance of third party rights, use of locations, image rights, script screening/legalising, trademarks, incidental inclusion, parody exemptions and other related copyright issues
- Common legal issues facing productions and how to try and avoid them
- What happens if it goes wrong? Ways to mitigate a crisis
- Question and Answer session
By the end of the session you will:
- Know what intellectual property rights are relevant at the various stages of a production and how to protect them and avoid infringing them
- Know what, when and why contracts should be in place
- Be aware of the legal risks of making a video production and how to mitigate these risks
- Be confident to explore ways of funding a production and exploiting rights in an idea/production
Date: 14th September 2015
Time: 4 – 6pm
Venue: Goldbrick House
To BOOK a place visit http://www.bristolmedia.co.uk