Working with us
There is no client-lawyer relationship established between you and us, purely by your use of this site or the content made available through it.
The only way to become our client is through an agreement between you and us, after we have completed our standard new business review and then only on the basis of a separate off-line agreement. If you have an issue on which you would like our help, please email us at email@example.com.
Alternatively, if you are a Creative or Digital Agency and you wish to gain access to our comprehensive toolkit of template contracts, documents and guidance for use within your business only (and not for resale), you can gain access to these from the S & C Collective. The S & C Collective is made available under separate Terms & Conditions.
We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 569462. Our professional rules can be found at www.sra.org.uk/rules.
By accessing this site, you are agreeing:
- to access its content solely for your own private use or for the purposes of the legitimate business of your employer, but in either case you shall not rely on any points of law
- not to copy, amend, reproduce or distribute the content available on the site or to disclose it to third parties, unless expressly permitted
- to comply with all applicable laws and regulatory requirements relating to your use of this site
- not to benefit commercially from the content on our site
- to use the site only for lawful purposes, which shall mean, without limitation that you will not knowingly transmit, send or upload any data or other material that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to impair the functionality of a device or operation of any content
- that you shall not access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the site, any equipment or network on which the site is stored or any software used in the provision of the site
You promise to compensate us for any losses we, our agents or suppliers incur (including reasonable legal fees) that arise out of any breach of these Terms, by you or any other loss we may incur that arises out of your use of the site.
We may change these Terms by posting revised Terms on our site. Any such change will become effective 3 days after it has been posted. You should check regularly to see if there are any changes. You will be considered to have accepted any change, if you continue to use the site, after the change has been made.
We may also change the functionality or features of our site, as well as any content we make available through it. We won’t be responsible to you for any loss you suffer, if we make any such changes.
All the content appearing on this site is owned by us, or our licensors. It is protected by UK and international intellectual property laws.
You may view this content and the site pages online and may, where necessary, print individual pages on paper and store such pages in electronic form on your device for your general know-how, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use any of such content or site pages, other than as expressly permitted under these Terms without our prior written consent.
The trade marks appearing on the site, including Steer & Co, are also owned by us or our licensors. We give no permission to use of any of these marks or brands. Any use of them may constitute an infringement of the owner’s rights.
No warranties or guarantees
The site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, we disclaim any and all promises, warranties, conditions, or representations relating to it and its content, whether express or implied.
- the content on the site gives general information only, at its stated date, or if none, the date of its first publication. The law may have changed in the meantime so you should not rely on it being complete, accurate or truthful. Do not use this content as a substitute for legal or other professional advice, which should be obtained to suit your specific circumstances
- by using the site you acknowledge and accept the inherent risks, characteristics and limitations of the internet, particularly in terms of technical performance of the site, and the risks inherent in all third party links, connections and transfers via the internet. You also acknowledge that we make no promises in respect of any harm that may be caused by the transmission of a computer virus, worm, time bomb or similar programming routine designed to damage, destroy or otherwise impair the functionality of a device or operation of any content. It is your responsibility to install suitable anti-virus and security software on your computer hardware and other devices to protect against any such bugs, viruses or other such harmful programming routines
We disclaim liability for
As this site is provided for general information only, we assume no responsibility for any loss or damages in respect of this site or any content on it. We therefore disclaim all liability in that respect, including for loss or damage that may be caused to any equipment or software owing to any viruses, defects or malfunctions in connection with accessing or using this site, or the site content.
In addition, you will not be entitled to make any claim personally against any individual at Steer & Co in respect of relevant loss or damage and, on behalf of such individuals, we disclaim all such liability.
What we don’t restrict our liability for
Nothing in these Terms restricts our responsibilities relating to:
- death or injury as a result of our negligence
- our fraud or reckless disregard of professional obligations or
- any other liability that we cannot restrict by applicable law.
Third Party Software
You might need to download and activate certain software in order to use certain content made available on our site. We will tell you, where that is the case.
Where that happens, you will have to explicitly accept the terms of a licence agreement with that third party. You accept that we have no responsibility or control over such third party software.
Our site may include links to third-party websites. We have not reviewed these and we don’t have any control over them, so we are not responsible for those sites or their content. If you decide to access any of these third-party websites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
You may only link to our site provided that:
- the homepage is not loaded into frames on your site, unless we expressly agree
- your site or services do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present false information about us or otherwise harm our business or conflict with our interests
- we reserve the right to withdraw linking permission any time without prior notice
If any part of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, all other parts of these Terms will not be affected and will remain in force.
These Terms govern our relationship with you and represent our entire agreement with you.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
If we delay in taking any steps under our agreement with you, against you, this doesn’t prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
No Third Party Rights
All agreements between us based on these Terms are just between you and us. No one else can enforce any of them and you can only transfer any of them with our consent. We can transfer our rights under any such agreements to another company providing this does not adversely affect your rights under our agreements with you.
Governing law & Jurisdiction
These Terms are governed by English law.
If any dispute arises between us, the dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The site is owned and operated by Steer & Co Limited, trading as Steer & Co. We are a company registered in England. Our registered office address is St Brandon’s House, 29 Great George Street, Bristol BS1 5QT.
Our registered company No. is 07779922.
We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 569462.
Our VAT No is 810741657.