We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- information that you submit online via our site
- any correspondence you send to us
- details of your visits to the site and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things, traffic data and communication data).
We use your information in the following ways:
- to respond to you about your query
- to e-mail and/or send you by email, details of other services, products, newsletters and information that we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree)
- for our internal purposes, such as quality control, platform performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the site so that we can provide you with better services and products
We only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
We may share your information:
- with our agents who help us operate our site
- if we sell or buy any business or assets (as we may share your data with the prospective seller or buyer)
- if we have to share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, or if we have to enforce or apply our Terms or to protect our rights, property or our customers. This may involve exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
We may share non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to the site with third parties. To be clear, this does not involve sharing any personal information about you.
We may transfer your information to, or store it in, countries located outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) which do not have as developed data protection laws. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers.
If we transfer your data to the United States of America, we will endeavour to only send the data to companies that are EU-U.S. Privacy Shield certified.
Please do not send us your information if you do not want it to be transferred to or stored outside the EEA. By providing your information to us you agree and consent to us transferring to, and storing your information at, a destination outside the EEA.
All your information is stored on our secure servers, or on the servers of our suppliers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to/from the site or on our behalf, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you sign up to receive newsletters from us, we may contact you by email with information about our legal news and insights.
You may ask us at any time not to use your information for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each of our marketing messages.
Under the Data Protection Act 1988, you have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you. Please email us at email@example.com to make your request. We may make a small charge of £10 to process this request.
If you no longer want us to send you our newsletters, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of your newsletters or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org asking to unsubscribe.
The site may from time to time contain links to and from other sites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites.
How to contact us
This site is owned by Steer & Co Limited, trading as Steer & Co. We are a company registered in England. Our registered office address is St Brandon’s House, 29 Great George Street, Bristol BS1 5QT. Our registered company No is 07779922